The following prefixes make a word negative:
Practice Activity: Follow these directions to complete the activity below.
- Click the hidden text [ ... ] to get a word for the sentence.
- Note the spelling of the word.
- Hide the word after you can spell it by clicking again.
- Use the negative form of the word with the correct prefix in the blank.
- If your answer is incorrect (red) twice, type a question mark in the blank and hit enter.
1. [ ... ]fortune Paul suffered a great when he lost all of his money in the stock market.
2. [ ... ]luck Sarah is very when it comes to romance. She has broken off engagements to three different men.
3. [ ... ]fortunate Many people are superstitious about Friday the 13th because several events have happened on this day.
4. [ ... ]believable That Kylie's boyfriend was born at the same time on the same day in a different hospital with the same name is .
5. [ ... ]belief Amy was in when she realized she had won $5 million in the lottery.
6. [ ... ]trust and [ ... ]truthful Steve's friends and co-workers him because he is often .
7. [ ... ]mobile Julie is so sore after falling off her horse that she's now .
8. [ ... ]honesty George has a bad reputation due to his .
9. [ ... ]connect Please don't the coffee pot. I'll have another cup later.
10. [ ... ]appeared Milk cartons often have pictures of children who have .
11. [ ... ]polite Parents should correct their children when they are .
12. [ ... ]considerate When people are , they don't care about the circumstances or feelings of others.
13. [ ... ]significant The increase in test scores was so little that it was considered .
14. [ ... ]agreement Lisa had a serious with her best friend.
15. [ ... ]calculate When Tom did his taxes, he the amount he owed the government.
16. [ ... ]fulfilling Repetitive work is very .
17. [ ... ]complete Your work is . Please finish it.
18. [ ... ]finished The quilt Kara has been making is still .
19. [ ... ]predictable Benjamin has a weird personality. His mood is always .
20. [ ... ]ability Ana didn't do well on the test because of her to follow directions.
21. [ ... ]characteristic It is very of Michael to do such careless work.
22. [ ... ]agree and [ ... ]interpreted I with Lee's analysis of the film. He completely it.