Welcome to the ESL Multimedia Lab – L
ESL 094 is a .5 unit recommended lab course for students enrolled in ESL 1R and English 1A ESL Focus. Your ESL instructor will bring you to the ESL Lab for an orientation session and introduce the lab software that will help you succeed in these courses.
What will I need to use the lab?
What should I do when I come to the lab?
time do I need to spend in the lab to get credit?
How can I get help in the Lab?
Our full time instructional assistant is Diane Borella. she will be in the Lab to assist you Monday through Friday.
Our evening lab clerk, Mr. Uc Lai, and student assistants can help you log in and out, show you how to play audio CDs, help you operate computer software programs and show you how to use Microsoft Word. You will know these assistants by the badge they wear.
Can I print in the Lab?
ESL Lab Policies
· Log in and Log out each time you use the Lab.
· Turn off your cell phone or pager before you enter the Lab.
· Bring no food, drinks, or chewing gum into the Lab.
· Do not change Internet settings or desktop icons.
· Save all personal files on a USB drive. If you save a file on the desktop, drag it to the recycle bin after printing.
· Use E-mail for class assignments only. No personal e-mail or web browsing is allowed in the Lab.
· Do not download anything on the computer desktop.
· Print one copy only of any ESL assignment you are working on. Do not print material for non-ESL courses. Print very limited material from the Internet. Copy the section you need and paste it on a Word document before printing.
· Return any borrowed material to the lab assistant before leaving. No material may be taken out of the Lab or borrowed overnight.
· Speak softly and work as quietly as possible to maintain a peaceful study environment.
Please use the ESL Lab often for writing assistance!